It’s Never Been Easier to Get Kids to Eat their Veggies

I received this product for free from Moms Meet to use and post my honest opinions.  Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.

My kids are amazing eaters.  Really.  They eat fruits and nuts as snacks, and they always finish their vegetables at mealtimes.  I started early and put a lot of energy into making this happen, and I think the results speak for themselves.

If we stayed home all the time, we’d be set.  As relaxing and welcoming as that sounds, it’s never going to happen.  We always seem to have some place to go, and that’s when we get into trouble.  There isn’t always time to prepare fresh fruit to go or measure out nuts, and restaurant vegetables are often less than appetizing–if they’re offered to kids at all.  Do we just skip the healthy stuff when that happens?  No way.

Veggie Gos Fruit and Veggie Snacks

For those moments, I’ve come to depend on prepared snacks that help fill in nutritional gaps.  The hard part is finding something with good ingredients that still appeals to the kids’ taste buds, but I’ve been able to find a few options that work really well.  The latest addition to our grab-n-go snack shelf are Veggie Gos, and they’re just the kind of thing I’m looking for.

Veggie Gos were created by Lisa and John McHugh, two people who believe in real food.  It’s what they eat, it’s what they grow, and they want to help other people find real food options too.  They’ve lived and worked on organic farms throughout Europe and turned their experience and passion into a line of good-for-you snacks.

Veggie Gos are organic, gluten-free, and don’t have any added sugar.  All the yummy flavor comes from the natural sweetness of the real foods used to make them. The best part is that each Veggie Gos snack provides one whole serving of fruits and vegetables.  They’re the only brand that can say that!  This is definitely a treat you can feel good about serving your little ones, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t eat them myself.

Veggie Gos Strips and Bites

They come in strips and bites, and both are convenient snacking options that you can keep in your purse or throw in a lunch bag.  I have a little cooler that we take with us on outings, and I like to stash a few in there just in case.

Veggie Gos Snacks are Perfect for Back to School Lunches or When You're On the Go

With simple, healthy ingredients, these are a no brainer, but Lisa and John really went above and beyond when they came up with their flavors.  The combinations are as interesting as they are delicious, and my kids love every single one.

Strips:

• Berry, Apple, and Spinach
  • Sweet Potato, Apple, and Spices
  • Beet, Apple, and Cinnamon
  • Carrot, Apple, and Ginger
  • Tropical Fruit and Kale

Bites:

• Strawberry, Chia, and Beets
  • Orange, Cocoa Nibs, and Carrots
  • Berry, Rice Crisps, and Greens

Veggie Gos Organic Snacks

My son’s favorite is the Carrot, Apple, and Ginger Strip, while my daughter goes nuts for the Berry, Rice Crisps, and Greens Bites, but they will both devour any and all of these snacks.  They ask for Veggie Gos by name, and I’m happy to oblige.  By keeping Veggie Gos on hand, I can be sure they get their fruits and veggies even when we’re on-the-go.

Veggie-Gos Fruit & Veggie Snacks are available at most Whole Foods Markets, Sprouts Farmers Markets, Amazon, and VeggieGos.com.  Try their store locator to find a store close to you.

About Denise

Denise is the owner of Game On Mom, a family-friendly blog. She is the mother of a 7-year-old boy and a 8-year-old girl, she eats too much pizza, and a tangled Slinky is no match for her.

Comments

1. Jennifer H. says:

These look like great snacks. They would also be good for on the go.

2. I have no kids–but I don’t always get the amount of fruits and veggies I should have–being single it is hard to buy and eat all before having to throw out! These sound like they would be great for me!
    Michele recently posted..Sharing The Love of Books and Audio Books Linky-Pre-Orders New Releases Free & Bargain BooksMy Profile

3. These Veggie Go’s sound amazing. My grandchildren are also very healthy eaters except on the go. I’ll have to tell my daughter there is another option rather than chips, fries, crackers.
    Gladys parker recently posted..New Saved By The Bell Game from Pressman ToysMy Profile

4. Julie Wood says:

I have to look into getting some of these vege treats for my kids lunches. They look so healthy and we do not eat enough veges in our diet. Thanks for sharing!

5. These look like something I need to have my daughter try she is vegan but don’t like veggies and she is 10 and she needs to eat veggies

6. Delicious I must try

7. Julie Wood says:

The bites and the strips sound amazing and I am glad that they do not add sugar to make these healthy treats taste better. These are great for back to school lunches.

8. I’m not a kid and my grandsons are still too little for these but I would eat these myself! I bet I could even get my husband to give these a try!

9. Julie Wood says:

The Sweet Potato, Apple, and Spices look amazing and I would love to get these for the kids. They are healthy and would get my kids to eat more veges.

10. These look so yummy! Thanks for sharing.

11. I love that these vegan snacks are gluten free and have no added sugar. These snacks look delicious and I want to try them with my kids!

12. Julie Wood says:

This is so awesome that their is a full serving of vegetables in this snack. I need to get some of these for the kids!

13. Julie Wood says:

These are delicious snacks that are healthy and I want to get some and try them with the kids!

14. These are such healthy snack treats to give my kids and put in their lunch boxes. I want to try them!

15. This is such a great way to get your kids to eat their veggies! I know that mine would love them and they wouldn’t even know that they were good for them. 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

16. The Berry Apple and Spinach sounds like a good one to try! I like these veggie snacks for the kids school lunches!

17. I tried the store locator and was pleased to find a store just 14 miles away! (I live in a somewhat rural area.)

18. Tropical Fruit and Kale is another one that my kids would love to try.

19. Great that there is no added sugar!

20. I’ve never heard of these before, but they look amazing!

21. The Orange, Cocoa Nibs, and Carrots bites are one that we would love to have. They sound so delicious and healthy!

22. My kids are pretty good about eating their veggies, but these would be great for on-the-go.

23. I will have to look into these. I bet my granddaughter would like them

24. You find so many great healthy treats. These look very wholesome and delicious!

25. Chia is so healthy and to have it in a bar is amazing! I want to get these bars for me and the kids!

26. Jennifer H. says:

I think that this is great that they add in veggies into the snacks.

27. My kids are grown. But my grandsons are such picky eaters! Much worse than my kids ever were! But I think they’d like these!

28. I think I might even enjoy these!

29. Kale is so healthy and I want to try the Tropical Fruit and Kale flavor. I bet it taste delicious!

30. Michelle Coles says:

These Veggie Go’s sound good actually and I think my kids would definitely eat the strips!

31. Sandra Preti says:

These look like a perfect snack for on the go — healthy and delicious!

32. Mary Gardner says:

I love that they are organic and my kids would love the bites!

33. Holly Thomas says:

My husband would love these.