Rogue One is Available on Digital HD, and We Celebrated with a Twitter Battle! #TeamEmpire
Sunday night was a fun time over at the Comeau household. If you were following us on Twitter, you already know why–it was the evening of our Rogue One Digital viewing event! Disney Home Entertainment sent us a package full of goodies to help us get our party started.
Using our new Roku streaming stick, we were able to add Rogue One to our Disney Movies Anywhere collection and watch it on Digital HD along with other fans. To add to the excitement, we participated in a Twitter party where the Rebel Alliance battled against the Galactic Empire. We were on #TeamEmpire!
As you can imagine, there was plenty of banter, and the discussion covered everything from quotes to cupcakes. Enthusiasm for their causes abounded on both sides, but if there was one thing #TeamEmpire and #TeamRebel agreed on, it was that K-2SO is pretty awesome:
— Fangirlish (@fangirlishness) March 26, 2017
They did such a good job with him–don’t you think?
Movies are always more fun when you can experience them with other fans, and our Twitter battle was the perfect way for everyone to connect while we watched Rogue One together. It was every bit as fun to see it on Digital HD as it was in the theaters, and it’s so convenient to be able to watch it on any of my devices where and when ever I like. Plus we still had access to some great bonus features:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance, and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars
Good bonus features bring so much more value to owning a movie, and these did not disappoint. If I had to pick a favorite, I’d go with “The Empire”…mostly because it features you-know-who, and to me, he is Star Wars. Maybe Darth Vader shouldn’t give me warm fuzzy feelings, but
Oh, and you might be wondering who won the Twitter battle. #TeamRebel triumphed this time, but you can’t say #TeamEmpire didn’t put up a good fight!
On the off chance you don’t know about the movie already, a little info on Rogue One:
From Lucasfilm comes the first of the Star Wars standalone films, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” an all-new epic adventure. In a time of conflict, a group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire’s ultimate weapon of destruction. This key event in the Star Wars timeline brings together ordinary people who choose to do extraordinary things, and in doing so, become part of something greater than themselves.
“Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” is directed by Gareth Edwards and stars Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk, Riz Ahmed, with Jiang Wen and Forest Whitaker. “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” opened in US theaters on December 16, 2016.
I have been a Star Wars fan since I was a very little girl, and I’m always nervous when they come out with new movies, but Rogue One exceeded my expectations. It answers some important questions from the original Star Wars movie, but it’s amazing all on its own. If you haven’t seen it yet, don’t wait. If you have seen it already, watch it again. It only gets better!
Rogue One is available right now on Digital HD and will be coming out on Blu-ray April 4th.