Mascarpone & Raspberry Stuffed French Toast #Valentines
Happy one month until Valentine’s Day! Yep, the most romantic day of the year is almost here, and we’re helping you get ready by sharing some sweet treats that are perfect for the holiday. I am a firm believer that every holiday should be enjoyed to the fullest, and for me, that starts with breakfast. And so, that is exactly what I’m contributing–my favorite way to start one of my favorite days. It’s a sweet one because that’s what Valentine’s Day should be!
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or thawed frozen)
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 loaf of challah bread, cut into ¾ in. slices
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- raspberries for garnish
- real maple syrup
- Mash raspberries
- Mix raspberries with the mascarpone, powdered sugar, and vanilla until thoroughly combined
- Heat a griddle to 325°
- Take two slices of bread and spread filling onto one side of each piece, then place together to make a sandwich. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Whisk together eggs, half and half, vanilla, and salt
- Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture
- Cook on buttered griddle, 2-3 minutes per side
- Top with powdered sugar, raspberries, and maple syrup
Follow the hop below for more yummy Valentine’s Day recipes!