Chocolate Mocha Mint Hot Cocoa Recipe
At this time of year, my mint hot chocolate addiction usually swings into full gear, but a certain donut shop has not been so cooperative in having my specialty available for me. Thus, I have been forced to make my own. I shouldn’t really complain because it’s much cheaper and certainly more convenient. Oh, and it can easily be turned into a fun adult beverage, if that’s your thing. I know it’s my thing.
So yummy and so easy. You can use any packaged hot chocolate as your base for this recipe, but I went with the Ghirardelli Chocolate Mocha Hot Cocoa. It’s a very rich and indulgent flavor, and it makes me feel a little extra fancy when I drink it.
- 8 oz milk
- 3 tbsp Ghirardelli Chocolate Mocha Hot Cocoa
- 1 oz Peppermint Schnapps OR
- ½ oz Peppermint Syrup
- Pour your choice of peppermint into a mug
- Heat milk in a small saucepan
- Add hot cocoa and stir
- Heat, while stirring, until steaming. Be careful not to boil it.
- Add the hot cocoa to your mug of peppermint. I like to stir it with a candy cane.
- Don't forget the whipped cream!
The idea of getting cozy in front of a fireplace with a mug of spiked hot chocolate is very appealing to me. Unfortunately, I don’t have the fireplace, but I can have my adult mint hot chocolate any time I want. Again, you can opt for using peppermint syrup in the recipe if you prefer it that way. It will be just as delicious; I promise!